The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance says that due to "sudden and unplanned" human resources shortages, the emergency department at Seaforth Community Hospital will be temporarily closed Tuesday evening and overnight.
The hours of service are:
• On Tuesday, May 23, the emergency department will close at 5 p.m.
• On Wednesday, May 24, the emergency department will open at 7 a.m. and regular hours of operation (24 hours daily) will resume.
Anyone requiring immediate medical attention should call 911.
Paramedics will remain available to the community and will re-route to the nearest available emergency department, the HPHA said in a news release.
For non-urgent health care, call Health Connect Ontario at 811, which is available 24/7 for non-emergency health questions.
If you have a family doctor, you can also inquire about any same-day appointments or after-hours clinics.
The closest 24-hour emergency departments to Seaforth Community Hospital are:
• Exeter – South Huron Hospital
• Goderich – Alexandra Marine & General Hospital
• Stratford – HPHA – Stratford General Hospital
For Exeter and Goderich, it is advised that you check with the emergency departments before attending to ensure they are operating with regular hours, the HPHA said.