The Humane Society of Kitchener Waterloo and Stratford Perth (HSKWSP) is offering a new option for pet parents looking for positive reinforcement training.
They've partnered GoodPup, a 1-on-1 positive reinforcement training service that can be accessed virtually when it's convenient for pet parents.
"We want to prevent families from having to relinquish their pet, and an easily accessible training option is a big help,” said Amanda Hawkins, senior manager of animal care, HSKWSP, in a press release. “Our adopters and local pet parents may have a hard time accessing training – positive reinforcement trainers are in high demand, owners may not live close to a trainer, or available training times may not be conducive to someone’s work or home schedule."
With behaviour being one of the top reasons dogs are surrendered to shelters every year, the Humane Society is hoping that this service will help keep families and pets together.
Through the GoodPup app, you can access:
- Certified positive reinforcement trainers
- 1-on-1 virtual training with same trainer each week
- Training appointments between 9 a.m. - midnight EST
- Same-day training appointments available
- 24/7 chat support for any questions (like your first puppy you just brought home!)
- Free trial week to start
- You can pause at any time and pick up later
- You can train multiple dogs on the same call
Their prices are listed in American dollars, and they start at $29 USD per week.
For every person that signs up for a minimum of one paid week, GoodPup will also donate $40 USD to the HSKWSP.
For more information on GoodPup, or other behaviour and training support options for dogs and cats, visit the Humane Society’s website.